Now you can access Google Now cards without leaving the app you’re using. New to Android Marshmallow, Google Now on Tap provides info and actions related to what’s on your tablet’s screen. Just touch and hold the home button to trigger it.Turn it on
- Touch and hold the Home button.
- Follow the instructions to turn on Now on Tap.
- Open the Google app .
- In the top left, tap Menu > Settings > Now on Tap.
- Turn “Now on Tap” to off (gray).
- When Now on Tap is off, you’ll see Now cards when you touch and hold the Home button.
- On any screen, touch and hold the Home button.
- Google uses what’s on your screen to show you related info, apps, and actions.
Google Now on Tap provides an intuitive experience analyzing what’s on-page or in-app and providing further resources. Below are just a few of the many ways you can use Google Now on Tap.Ways to use Now on Tap
- Restaurants: Find restaurants and other points of interest mentioned on screen.
- Movies: See reviews and info about a cast using the film name.
- Music: Get details about a song or artist from within your app.
- People: Learn about famous people and celebrities in the news.
- Images: Get info about artwork, product logos, landmarks, and more.